(224) 770−5305
IBEW Local 570

IBEW LOCAL 570

Tucson, Arizona

IBEW LOCAL 570 PAYCHECK PROTECTION

Continue getting paid if you’re unable to work due to illness, injury, or death!

PLAN INFORMATION OVERVIEW

– Short-Term Disability (STD) pays for up to 24 Weeks
– Long-Term Disability (LTD) pays for up to 2 or 5 years
– Life Insurance w/ AD&D for Member, Spouse, and/or Child(ren)

BENEFITS & COSTS  ENROLL NOW

No medical tests, questions, or underwriting to enroll; no active working member of IBEW Local 570 can be denied coverage!

Time Left to Enroll

Day(s)

:

Hour(s)

:

Minute(s)

:

Second(s)

Enrollment Ends 11/19/2021
Coverage Begins 12/1/2021

Tucson

Are Your Current Benefits Enough?

SHORT-TERM DISABILITY (STD)

Construction Wireman, Construction Electricians and Apprentices on the Sub-Plans DO NOT receive any disability benefits if they can’t work due to an illness or injury. 100% of your paycheck is at risk!

Journeymen who are covered by the Local 570 full health plan, receive a $350/week Short-Term Disability benefit that pays for 26 weeks, if they’re unable to work due to an illness or injury. The $350 benefit is about 32% of what a Journeyman takes home in their weekly paycheck, leaving an income GAP of about 68% every week.

LONG-TERM DISABILITY (LTD)

There are ZERO benefits through the local. Without enrolling in the LTD coverages being offered, 100% of your paycheck is at risk!

LIFE INSURANCE

IBEW local 570 has some minimal life insurance in-place that may be enough to pay some burial expenses. The additional life insurance coverage being offered can help you continue to provide for your loved-ones.

COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Disability FAQ

It is important to understand that these Life and Disability benefits DO cover COVID-19 (Coronavirus) in the event that you contract the virus and cannot work (to include being quarantined after being diagnosed with COVID-19) or pass away as a result of the virus.

The below list provides the main parameters a member’s claim must meet in order to be eligible to file a claim for the Coronavirus. However, there may be other factors that would impact a Coronavirus claim.

  • Only cases of the Coronavirus that are medically diagnosed and documented by a medical professional would constitute as eligible for benefits
  • Members who are quarantined due to testing positive for Coronavirus would be eligible for benefits
  • Members who are quarantined as a preventative measure and do not have an official Coronavirus diagnosis by a medical professional would not be eligible for benefits, including, but not limited to;
    • Jobsite shutdowns for preventative measures
    • Furloughs, layoffs, etc.
    • Care for a loved one who has been diagnosed or exposed
  • The normal waiting period still applies, so the member needs to be held out of work by a medical professional for longer than their waiting period in order to be eligible

Members enrolling for coverage now, but who do not yet have effective coverage, would not have an eligible Coronavirus claim if:

  • The member enrolls now for a future coverage effective date and already has a medically diagnosed case of Coronavirus or has seen their doctor for signs/symptoms of the Coronavirus
  • The member’s coverage is not effective and in force prior to seeing a medical professional or being diagnosed

Please call us at (224) 770−5305 for more information.